How can we help you?
How do I place a listing?
Create a New Listing
- You must be logged in.
- If you are not in the account area already, go to the Listings page by selecting Manage Listings from the dropdown user menu at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the New Listing button, found in the listings menu on the left of the page or on the top dropdown.
- A new Draft Listing page will open up.
General Listing Details
Enter the title of your item. Up to 140 characters. Make it a detailed as possible using words that you expect a buyer to search for when looking for the item.
Enter the price without symbols ($). If you are giving away your item for free, enter 0 into the box.
Select the condition of your item.
- Item Description
Enter a description of your item and any comments related to contact or delivery information. Make is reasonably detailed, but not too long. Make sure you have words that describe the item so that your item will appear in the search results.
Item Specifics Details
- You will need to select the category your item belongs in.
- For the books and clothing categories, you can choose to add further details. They are not required, but aid buyers with purchasing decisions, and also helps to reduce unnecessary enquiries.
Contact and Delivery Details
- If you have completed the details in your profile settings, your phone number and suburb or state will be pre-filled. You can edit or remove these as you wish. We suggest that you do enter a location as it assists buyers who may wish to only purchase locally.
- Check the box Is postage available? if you are willing to post the item.
- Check the box Is pickup available? if you are willing to meet the buyer and have them pickup in person.
Note: There is no option to specify postage costs on your listing. You can either note it in the comments, or discuss it with the buyer.
- At this stage we can only accept a single image per item and image upload is optional.
- We accept images in .jpg/.jpeg, .gif and .png formats.
- Images must be at least 180px and no larger 3000px with a file size no bigger than 5MB (although we recommend much smaller to assist upload time!).
Uploading an Image
- Click on the Upload Image button and select the image from your device.
- The image will start to upload automatically and you should see the status bar (briefly if only a small image).
- Once the image is uploaded, it will display with a Delete Image button underneath.
To Change the Image
- To change the image, either click on Upload Image and repeat the step above. The image will be replaced. Or you can delete the image first by clicking on the Delete Image button and accepting the confirmation.
Saving For Later
- To save the draft listing for later, simply click on the Save For Later button at the bottom of the page. You can then access this listing later from your drafts items page.
Publish a Listing - Make it live
- To make your listing public, click on the Publish Listing button at the bottom of the page. If you have any errors or parts of the form that need to be filled, you will get an warning message.
- Once your listing is published you will be taken to the Active Listings page where your new item will now appear in the list (sorted alphabetically). You can click on the item title to view the listing.
- Your listing will show up in the search results straight away.
Share Your Listing
Now that your listing is live, why not tell potential buyers about it? On your listing page are links to share your item to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.